LTISuspend.wsf Not working , deploying Win 8.1 ENT x64 RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to create a fully automated deployment with 8.1 Enterprise. I am using a LTIsuspend.wsf as a cmd line TS at the end of State restore to customize layout and give the OS a look over. For some Reason this TS is failing. If i run the script from the Deployment share in cmd cscript.exe LTISuspend.wsf  , it yields ZTI ERROR - Unhandled error returned by LTIsuspend: Unable to save shortcut  Users\Public\Desktop\Resume Task Sequence.lnk". (-2147024891  0x80070005)

Any thoughts?

Thank You.

Frank

Friday, January 24, 2014 3:00 PM

Answers

• Hi Frank,

I agree with Frank below. But just to verify for myself I looked up my LTISusprend from my own environment:

The exact command used is: cscript.exe %SCRIPTROOT%\LTISuspend.wsf

..and this does the trick perfectly on my virtual machine.

So check your bdd.log and smsts.log

If this post is helpful please click "Mark for answer", thanks! Kind regards

• Proposed as answer by Frank TroutMVP Monday, January 27, 2014 5:06 PM
    • Marked as answer by Flucato Monday, January 27, 2014 5:11 PM
    Monday, January 27, 2014 1:39 PM

All replies

• I have to admit, I build all of my images with MDT using LTISuspend and I have never seen a permissions issue before.

Are you attempting to change the local admin name during the task sequence?

What is the command line you are using?

I also have a guide I wrote a while back that describes how to build a Windows 8 image with Hyper-V. If you want to look it over and see if there is anything your missing, feel free.

http://windowsdeployments.net/building-a-windows-8-image-with-mdt-2012-update-1/

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Monday, January 27, 2014 6:02 AM
  • Hi Frank,

I agree with Frank below. But just to verify for myself I looked up my LTISusprend from my own environment:

The exact command used is: cscript.exe %SCRIPTROOT%\LTISuspend.wsf

..and this does the trick perfectly on my virtual machine.

So check your bdd.log and smsts.log

If this post is helpful please click "Mark for answer", thanks! Kind regards

• Proposed as answer by Frank TroutMVP Monday, January 27, 2014 5:06 PM
    • Marked as answer by Flucato Monday, January 27, 2014 5:11 PM
    Monday, January 27, 2014 1:39 PM
  • That is exactly right, and exactly what I use, although this is more of a permissions issue so the command line was a long shot. Make sure your not making any changes that would effect the local admin information that you presented during the TS creation.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Monday, January 27, 2014 1:45 PM
  • Not sure what happened, I copied and pasted the cmd from above "cscript.exe %SCRIPTROOT%\LTISuspend.wsf",in hopes to get the log for you to view , and it worked perfectly. I had ben typing this all along and  For the record , I had not modified anything with the admin account, except assigning it a password .

If I run into the error again , I will post the info, and logs.

thanks for the help,

Frank

• Edited by Flucato Monday, January 27, 2014 5:12 PM
    Monday, January 27, 2014 3:16 PM
  • Just in case anyone else sees this, I just had the same issue myself. I must have copied the command from somewhere, because I had a different set of quotes around "%SCRIPTROOT%\LTISuspend.wsf". I deleted those quotes, typed them in manually and I was good to go.
    Wednesday, July 13, 2016 1:56 PM
  • Just in case anyone else sees this, I just had the same issue myself. I must have copied the command from somewhere, because I had a different set of quotes around "%SCRIPTROOT%\LTISuspend.wsf". I deleted those quotes, typed them in manually and I was good to go.
    It is because copying from a webpage gives you smart quotes instead of regular quotes.

Many questions such as where do I find logs and what logs are interesting are found in: MDT TechNet Forum - FAQ & Getting Started Guide Please take the time to read it. Also if you don't post logs your problem won't be easily solved.

Thursday, July 14, 2016 1:37 AM

It is because copying from a webpage gives you smart quotes instead of regular quotes.

I found this to be the solution for me.  I'd copied the text from a web page.

(My TS had been running for *four hours* when it failed).

Wednesday, July 26, 2017 1:32 PM