none
How can I connect my LinkedIn account to Microsoft Authenticator? RRS feed

All replies

• LinkedIn accounts currently don't support the use of Microsoft Authenticator for identity verification. We are working with them, but are unable to announce a timeframe yet. 

Thanks, 

--Libby

Wednesday, July 18, 2018 7:33 PM
  • Now, in March 2020,  Linked in does suport the authernicator app and whenever I log in, Liked in asks for the code sent to my authenicator.  I do not know how to see the the code from linked in and and therefore cannot log into the linked in account.  How do I set up the authenicator app to recive the verification code?

Thanks

Thursday, April 2, 2020 8:10 PM
  • LinkedIn supports the Microsoft Authenticator App as an additional verification method (and after you sign using your password the usual way). It is meant as an additional security measure (or layer) not an alternative (password-less) way to sign in.

To set-up the connection, you must:

1. When signed in to your LinkedIn account set up Turn Two-Step Verification On and Off 

https://www.linkedin.com/help/linkedin/answer/544/turning-two-step-verification-on-and-off?lang=en

2. When your open your Microsoft Authenticator App, you must:

a. add an account (it is a plus sign), and

b. Answer "What kind of account are you adding" by selecting "Other", and then scan with your smartphone camera the QR code shown on your PC web page of LinkedIn where you have turned on the Two-Step Verification.

To use the Authenticator App when logging in to your LinkedIn account, you must sign in by entering your LinkedIn (LI) username and password, and then LI will then prompt you to enter the 6-digit code shown on your smartphone screen by the Authenticator App; if it is not open, then open the App (remember to keep the notifications/alerts tuned on for this App in your smartphone settings). 

Friday, April 3, 2020 4:44 AM