Can't send as alternate SMTP address RRS feed

• Question

• Outlook 2010 connected to in house Exchange 2010 server. We have multiple domains receiving email onto our Exchange server and all of the users have the various domains listed as SMTP addresses in their EMail Addresses section of EMC. My users can receive email from the outside world that are addressed to not only their primary address but also their alternate SMTP addresses. However, if they try to send and email and change the From field to one of their alternate SMTP addresses the address remains their primary SMTP address. Is there a way to send as the SMTP addresses other than their primary?
    • Edited by Don Powell Friday, January 4, 2019 12:38 AM
    Friday, January 4, 2019 12:37 AM

Answers

• Outlook 2010 connected to in house Exchange 2010 server. We have multiple domains receiving email onto our Exchange server and all of the users have the various domains listed as SMTP addresses in their EMail Addresses section of EMC. My users can receive email from the outside world that are addressed to not only their primary address but also their alternate SMTP addresses. However, if they try to send and email and change the From field to one of their alternate SMTP addresses the address remains their primary SMTP address. Is there a way to send as the SMTP addresses other than their primary?

Thats by design.

Options: 

Add the other email addresses to another mailbox instead and give them send as to that mailbox.

or 

3rd party:

https://ivasoft.com/choosefrom2007.shtml

• Marked as answer by Don Powell Friday, January 4, 2019 11:53 AM
    Friday, January 4, 2019 1:04 AM

All replies

• Merged by Perry-Pan Saturday, January 5, 2019 1:26 PM duplicated
    Friday, January 4, 2019 12:34 AM

Thats by design.

Options: 

Add the other email addresses to another mailbox instead and give them send as to that mailbox.

or 

3rd party:

https://ivasoft.com/choosefrom2007.shtml

• Marked as answer by Don Powell Friday, January 4, 2019 11:53 AM
    Friday, January 4, 2019 1:04 AM
  • I posted on both the Outlook and Exchange forums because I was unsure which side the issue was coming from
    Friday, January 4, 2019 11:51 AM
  • Thanks. I resolved it using a third party app on the Outlook side.
    Friday, January 4, 2019 11:54 AM