none
How to have sysprep prompt to change computer name and prompt for input to join domain? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a windows 7 image (WIM file) that I want to load onto laptops using
    imagex via external USB.
    How can I have it prompt for new computer name and
    domain join info before it begins the setup?
    Sunday, April 20, 2014 8:06 PM

Answers

• You can create a MDT Offline USB to deploy the image and input the required information during the MDT wizard. Check out this article by Johan (I know it is for Windows 8, but the steps to make it work for Windows 7 are basically the same).

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/dn481547

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Sunday, April 20, 2014 8:51 PM

All replies

• You can create a MDT Offline USB to deploy the image and input the required information during the MDT wizard. Check out this article by Johan (I know it is for Windows 8, but the steps to make it work for Windows 7 are basically the same).

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/dn481547

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Sunday, April 20, 2014 8:51 PM
  • Thanks for the info, but I couldn't access the link...
    Monday, April 21, 2014 4:42 PM
  • Link works fine for me. Do an internet search for "Deploying Windows 8.1 from a USB Stick Johan"

Keith Garner - keithga.wordpress.com

Monday, April 21, 2014 5:43 PM
  • Ok. I am able to view the link now.

Thank you for your reply. After reading the article I'm still uncertain how I can deploy my custom WIM image (taken from reference computer) and only have task sequence to prompt for computer name and info to join domain?

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 2:09 PM