Windows 7 Blue Screan FIX RRS feed

• General discussion

• Microsoft or someone needs to address this blue screen issue that so many people are experiencing and get this under control ASAP! This is ridicules! I have read form after form and all that is there what someone thinks might be the problem with no specific answers or fixes. I'm not sure about anyone else but I have had it! If there is another that feels the way I do, then please post it here. I have a desk top and a laptop with this annoying issue and have read until my eyes cross sighted on me more than once. Still no fix just more and more post on various forms that is growing at an alarming rate. We need a fix for this and we need it soon. Get some of the billions of dollars donated for various charities that Mr. & Mrs. Gates organized and put it in to your operating system. One that works and when it does not work have someone that can fix the operating system that we have paid most dearly for!
    Monday, September 27, 2010 4:38 AM

All replies

• Hi

I do understand your frustration, tracking down a BSOD can be a daunting process, but just about any knowledgeable user can do this. This is made more difficult in windows, since there are thousands and thousands of third party hardware devices and drivers made for windows. You not only get mis-behaving drivers, you also get combinations of drivers, that conflict, and do not work well on the same system.

A BSOD (also known as a bug check, system crash, stop error, or kernel error) are hardware/driver related errors that occur when a critical driver has corrupted data and it is impossible for windows to recover from the problem.

When this happens, it usually takes a knowledgeable person who is familiar with debugging and reading the dump file that is generated when these errors occur. The debugging will result in isolating the specific file that caused the error and from there the exact driver that the file belongs to.

References:

Blue Screen Data

Bug Check Codes

Interpreting Bug Check Codes

Debugging Tools for Windows - Overview

How to read the small memory dump files that Windows creates for debugging

Hope this helps.

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    Monday, September 27, 2010 6:42 AM
  • Bluescreens are mostly the cause of bad drivers or faulty hardware ;) A bug check is a mechanism to prevent damage on your PC.

Please copy the dmp files from the folder C:\Windows\Minidump first to your desktop, zip all dmp into 1 zip file and upload the zip file to your Skydrive [1] and post a link here, so that I can look at the dumps.

André

[1] http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproui/thread/4fc10639-02db-4665-993a-08d865088d65

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
    Monday, September 27, 2010 10:35 AM
  • On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 04:38:28 +0000, BigBlock1320 wrote:

> Microsoft or someone needs to address this blue screen
    issue that so many people are experiencing and get this under control
    ASAP! This is ridicules!

You are blaming Microsoft for what is almost certainly not an issue
    with Windows. I've been running Windows 7 on three computers since it
    first came out (and on one of them, even before, using the release
    candidate), and I've *never* seen a BSOD. Nor have I even seen one on
    any of the several other Windows 7 computer's I've supported.

By far, the most likely reason for your BSODs is bad hardware or a
    driver.

--
    Ken Blake

Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP
    Monday, September 27, 2010 1:37 PM