none
Using the Web App to mark team tasks complete RRS feed

• Question

• My department consists of 3 teams for 4 software developer. 

Each developer is a resource in project server and a Web app user.  There is also another resource for each team that set as the team resource pool.  For example:

Team 1

Developer 1

Developer 2

Developer 3

Developer 4

Team 2

Developer 1

Developer 2

Generally speaking, we assign tasks to the team resource, not an individual. 

Is it possible for the team member to mark a task complete without assigning it to themselves first?

Ideally, I want each user to see task that assigned to them or there team and have the ability to mark it as completed.  Is that possible?

Thanks

Thanks, Craig

Monday, October 21, 2013 12:44 PM

All replies

• Craig --

No, what you want to achieve is not possible.  In order for a team member to mark a task as completed when that task is assigned to a Team resource, the team member must first self-assign the task.  Then the team member can mark the task as completed.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Monday, October 21, 2013 1:05 PM
  • Hi Craig,

As far as I understand, what you want to do is exactly the principle of the team resources.

You first create resources that you assign to teams.

Then in Project Pro, you assign tasks to teams and publish your project plan.

Finally in "My task", the team members can insert a "team task" from the "insert a line" menu. Doing this, you only assign tasks to teams and team members will pick up the appropriate tasks assigned to their team to marked them as completed.

Hope this helps.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Monday, October 21, 2013 1:14 PM