Windows Server 2008 Active Directory Rights Management Services Management Pack RRS feed

• Question

• The only management pack for the 2008 version of AD RMS in the management pack catalog is for MOM 2005.  Does anyone know if there are any plans to release a version for SCOM?  If not, is there any way to convert the management pack from MOM 2005 to SCOM without having the old MOM console?  I know using a converted MP is not the best way to go but it is better than attempting to start from scratch and develop my own custom MP. 

Thursday, December 16, 2010 7:38 PM

Answers

• ADRMS management pack is _signficantly_ delayed.  It has not been cancelled, but it may ship by summer 2011.
    Microsoft Corporation
    Tuesday, December 21, 2010 3:22 AM

All replies

•  

Hi,

As far as I know, there is not a Windows Server 2008 Active Directory Rights Management Services Management Pack for System Center Operations Manager.

If you want, you can try converting the management pack for Microsoft Operations Manager 2005 referring to the following documents:

Comparing MOM 2005 and Operations Manager 2007 Management Packs

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee309487.aspx

How to Convert an Operations Manager 2005 Management Pack

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc546807.aspx

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, December 20, 2010 5:56 AM
  • I don't have MOM 2005 installed anywhere anymore.  Is there any other method to convert a management pack? 
    Monday, December 20, 2010 9:43 PM
  • ADRMS management pack is _signficantly_ delayed.  It has not been cancelled, but it may ship by summer 2011.
    Microsoft Corporation
    Tuesday, December 21, 2010 3:22 AM