none
Open Office 365 Outlook - saved copies of emails (.msg) files

Question

• I have previously been able to double click and open copies of an Outlook email saved in  folders for specific projects.

This won't happen now. IF I copy the saved .msg file into an open oOtlook draft folder for example, it will open in there.

Otherwise, I am asked what app I want to open with, and if i choose outlook.exe, that app is not able to open its own file.

Any ideas??

With thanks, MIKE

• Edited by Musocas Thursday, March 9, 2017 5:39 PM
    Thursday, March 9, 2017 5:37 PM

All replies

• Hi Mike,

>>IF I copy the saved .msg file into an open oOtlook draft folder for example, it will open in there.

I don't quite understand this description. It would be great if you can elaborate a bit on this. Do you mean drag and drop the file into the built-in "Drafts" folder in Outlook client?

>> I am asked what app I want to open with, and if i choose outlook.exe, that app is not able to open its own file.

What's the complete error message that received?

Have you tried repairing your Office 2016? If not, please have a try and then test it again. For your convenience:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Repair-an-Office-application-7821d4b6-7c1d-4205-aa0e-a6b40c5bb88b

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 10, 2017 5:58 AM