ADMP v 6.0.8070 Problem with AD Replication Monitoring Performance Views? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Clean install for SCOM 2012 SP1 UR3. Just got the ADMP v 6.0.8070 configured, all AD 2008 in the environment. Enabled replication latency rules against a few target computers and source computers (in groups). Noticed under the All AD Perf views, I see the AD replication perf counters and the data is collecting (and rendering in that view), but under the specific AD Replication Monitoring views, no counters are populating. Is there a problem with the view? I have done quite a few of these, but don't seem to recall as such ever seeing this before. Anyone else experience this? 

Thanks,

Z

• Edited by ZeeWDee Wednesday, September 11, 2013 4:07 PM for clarity
    Wednesday, September 11, 2013 4:02 PM

All replies

• Hi again everyone,

I was able to reproduce this in my lab. My suspicion is that these three views: Intersite Replication Traffic, Replication Inbound Bytes per Second, and the two lower perf charts on Replication Performance Overview (labeled Intersite Replication Traffic and Replication Inbound Bytes per Second) could possibly be referencing deprecated versions of their rules, which are disabled by default, hence no counters listed? Is anyone out there running this version of the ADMP who can confirm they are also experiencing this? 

Thanks,

Z

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 5:16 PM
  • For another update: I enabled the deprecated monitors in my lab, confirmed they are running, and still nothing on these views. If I can squeeze in some time (a big if) I'm going to open up the MP and look at the views myself. Maybe they are calling the wrong objects/counters/instances?

Z

• Edited by ZeeWDee Wednesday, September 11, 2013 5:41 PM
    Wednesday, September 11, 2013 5:41 PM
  • Same issue here, have logged a support call, will advise if/when we get a result.
    Tuesday, November 12, 2013 1:44 AM
  • Actually, I didn't log a call, I just bit the bullet and updated to the latest MPs for AD released in October, straight away all the previously missing metrics in the Replication Performance views are now there! Note that my requirements were for AD 2008 but you have to update the MP's for some earlier versions  too, the import process will guide you :-).
    Tuesday, November 12, 2013 2:19 AM