none
Apply regional and language settings to reserved accounts during silent autounattend.xml RRS feed

• Question

• I have created an automatted installation for Windows 7 via AIK and I am setting the UserLocale, UILangauge and Inputlocale for specific regions. I then saw this aritcle furthest below (see: "Apply regional and language settings to reserved accounts") and was wondering if there are other autounattend.xml paramters that also need to be set to ensure these "reservered accounts" are set for the proper regions.

Please note: I want to keep the base language for Windows and the SQL Collation set to en-US, just the default users regional settings (UserLocale?), UI (UILanguage?) and keyboard (InputLocale?) settings need to be country specific.

In my Autounatted.xml file I have all the Locale settings set for en-US in the 1 windowsPE section. I believe these only apply for the actual installation process and not the final Windows deployed image. Is that correct?

I believe I need to set the locale setting in either the 4 specialized or 7 oodesystem pass to affect the installed system.

So to achieve, my desired resule, OS & SQL using a base en_US language and the default User, UI, and keyboard langauge being country specific, I would set the Microsoft-Windows-Internationas-Core_neutral settings as follows:

InputLocale to the specific country such as da-DK (Denmark)

SystemLocale is set to en_US

UILangauge is set to da-DK

Userlocale woud also be set to da_DK

Can anyone confirm how these locale setting work and if I am interpreting/setting them correctly?

Article

"Apply regional and language settings to reserved accounts"

When you choose regional and language settings for your computer, such as your default input language or keyboard layout, you can apply those settings to special    accounts in Windows called reserved accounts. Reserved accounts include the default user account and the system accounts. These accounts are described below.

Open Regional and Language Options by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Clock, Language, and Region, and then clicking Regional and Language Options.
    Click the Administrative tab, and then click Copy to reserved accounts.  If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    Do one of the following:
    To copy the current settings to the default user account, select the Default user account (new users) check box. The default account is used as a template for creating new user accounts. This setting allows administrators to set the default format, keyboard layout, and display language for new users. Any user account created on the computer after the settings have been copied to the default user account has these settings applied to it. Existing user accounts are not affected.
    To copy the current settings to the system accounts, select the System accounts (local system, local service, and network service) check box. The system accounts are special accounts used by Windows‌ services. This setting allows administrators to specify a display language and keyboard layout for the Welcome screen. It also sets the display language for users who have not specified a display language.

Jim
    • Edited by Jim_FTXS Wednesday, August 31, 2011 8:56 PM clarification
    Wednesday, August 31, 2011 7:10 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Jim,

as you mentioned above it works, for more details reefer the below link

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/goglobal/bb978454

Thanks ,

Narayana Mandali 

Thursday, September 1, 2011 4:43 AM
  • "Apply regional and language settings to reserved accounts"

When you choose regional and language settings for your computer, such as your default input language or keyboard layout, you can apply those settings to special    accounts in Windows called reserved accounts. Reserved accounts include the default user account and the system accounts. These accounts are described below.

Open Regional and Language Options by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Clock, Language, and Region, and then clicking Regional and Language Options.
    Click the Administrative tab, and then click Copy to reserved accounts.  If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    Do one of the following:
    To copy the current settings to the default user account, select the Default user account (new users) check box. The default account is used as a template for creating new user accounts. This setting allows administrators to set the default format, keyboard layout, and display language for new users. Any user account created on the computer after the settings have been copied to the default user account has these settings applied to it. Existing user accounts are not affected.
    To copy the current settings to the system accounts, select the System accounts (local system, local service, and network service) check box. The system accounts are special accounts used by Windows‌ services. This setting allows administrators to specify a display language and keyboard layout for the Welcome screen. It also sets the display language for users who have not specified a display language.

Jim
    Thanks for the info. It Works Correctly.
    Wednesday, October 26, 2016 10:54 AM