EMET 5.2 blocks file transfer RRS feed

• Question

• I have EMET 5.2 installed on a Surface 3 Pro.

I've being trying to download some documents from Microsoft Connect, using FTM, but when I click on Download there's a pop up window  from EMET (very brief then disappears) which mentions vba script and the download doesn't start. I have tried the download on another machine with EMET 5.1 and the FTM is fine.

Is this a bug in EMET 5.2?

Saturday, May 2, 2015 2:48 PM

Answers

• The Attack Surface Reduction feature of EMET 5.2 prevents vbscript.dll loading in Internet Explorer.

You can edit the list of blocked modules by selecting Apps from the EMET GUI and then double clicking iexplore.exe.

I think FTM was superseded by Microsoft Download Manager. I'm not saying that doesn't have the same problem.

• Marked as answer by Tom_g35 Saturday, May 2, 2015 4:42 PM
    Saturday, May 2, 2015 4:19 PM

All replies

• The Attack Surface Reduction feature of EMET 5.2 prevents vbscript.dll loading in Internet Explorer.

You can edit the list of blocked modules by selecting Apps from the EMET GUI and then double clicking iexplore.exe.

I think FTM was superseded by Microsoft Download Manager. I'm not saying that doesn't have the same problem.

• Marked as answer by Tom_g35 Saturday, May 2, 2015 4:42 PM
    Saturday, May 2, 2015 4:19 PM
  • Thanks - I added connect to my trusted sites list and that sorted it - Thank you
    Saturday, May 2, 2015 4:42 PM