none
Software Summary Report - Possible Calculation Errors RRS feed

• Question

• So I've run a Software Summary report which lists Desktops and Server operating systems installed in my environment.  However, it appears as though the count on Operating System Summary is not matching a manual count of current operating system on the Hardware Inventory tab. 

For instance, on the Software Summary report, the Operating System Summary tab states that there are 5 Windows 7 Ultimate installations in my environment.  However, when I click on the hardware Inventory tab to see which of these 5 machines have Windows 7 Ulimate installed, only 3 appear.  The 3 appear by filtering the Current Operating System column.  I would expect to see 5. This is the case for most of the other product versions as well. 

Is there a reason why the Operating System Summary would show a higher number then manually filtering the Current Operating System in the Hardware Summary Tab?  If you notice a descrepancy, would it be best to go with a manual count on the Harware Summary?

Thursday, July 12, 2012 11:24 PM

All replies

• Are you using MAP 6.5? There was a bug discovered and fixed in 7.0 where duplicate machine entries were not being filtered out of the software summary. If you generated the report using MAP 7.0 then we will need to investigate further.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 7:34 PM