Call action when no available agents RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I miss a feature in the Response Group queue configuration: Call action when no available agents

We have an external support desk that should help us and take calls when:
    1.    A customer has waited too long
    2.    Too many calls in the queue
    3.    When no agent is available (logged in). For example in the middle of the night (since we have 24/7 support) or all agents are in a meeting.

Scenario 1 and 2 is solved with the queue setting “Enable queue time-out” and “Enable queue overflow”.
    But I am stuck with number 3, the caller needs to wait until the time-out limit is reached. (In our case 15 minutes!!)

Is there no way to make a call action when there are no available agents or is there any other workaround?

Best regards:

/Peter

Thursday, October 11, 2012 4:01 PM

All replies

• There is no way to do this with native Lync functionality.I would suggest implementing after hours on the workflow so that for example when normal business hours are over you immediately route to the external help desk. In addition take a look at RGS Commander:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/nexthop/archive/2012/09/12/lync-response-group-service-commander.aspx

THis will allow on the fly adjustments to forwarding in a RG to accomodate a situation where you are in a meeting.

Thursday, October 11, 2012 9:17 PM
  • Please check the following blogs, it may inspire you.

The blogs told that when a call has remained in the queue longer than desired, when the queue is full, or anytime outside your designated working hours, the call can be forwarded to a PSTN number.

http://ocsguy.com/2009/06/05/18/

http://blogs.technet.com/b/dougl/archive/2009/08/12/outbound-pstn-calling-from-response-groups.aspx

Friday, October 12, 2012 6:57 AM
  • Hi,

Yes, I have considered using the business hours functionality, but that don’t solves my problem completely:  I would like to have the internal support queue open 24/7 except when no one is logged in.

Do you know of any way to propose this functionality to the MS Lync development team?

Sunday, October 14, 2012 2:29 PM
  • I don't think you want to wait that long. Lync 2013 has gone RTM and there are no significant changes in Response Groups so it would be a year or two at the very least. Look at one of the ACD solutions for Lync from an MS partner.

Sunday, October 14, 2012 4:07 PM
  • I am not sure about this, but what is if you use formal participation policy, will it do what you need?  Not sure what will it do if everyone sign out.

Thank you.

Please “Vote As Helpful” and/or “Mark As Answer” if this post helped you.

Sunday, October 14, 2012 6:39 PM
  • I also thought that Formal policy would solve it, but the only thing that happens is that the call is stuck in the queue until the time-out value expires or some agent logs in.

/Peter
    Monday, October 15, 2012 6:27 AM