Slow login of FBA site - AD authenticated via LDAP over SSL RRS feed

• Question

• Recently setup public facing FBA site, authenticated using AD via LDAP over SSL, takes morethan 50 seconds for most of the pages. But this issue is not consistent. And this issue is not just happening at the moring (warm-up script is already running). Is there any suggestion to improve login time? Is there any "tool" available at AD or SharePoint - to find how much time AD has taken to authenticate the user?

J Justin

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 7:03 AM

All replies

• Hi Justin,

By default logging of domain user actions (apply of group policies, profile loading etc.) are not being logged anywhere in retail builds of “Windows” operating system. Despite that, that log information is essential when troubleshooting slow logons problems, so you can enable the logging doing those steps:

1. Open REGEDIT
    2. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionWinlogon
    3. Create a DWORD (DWORD (32-bit) on x64 OSes) named UserEnvDebugLevel
    4. Enter hex value 0×00030002.
    5. Close REGEDIT

Also, a tool that I always use is Fiddler with the NeXpert Plugin. It will provide how long each post, get, gif, etc took along with if any calls had to be made more than once...

Reference:

Fiddler: http://www.fiddler2.com/fiddler2/

This list is provided for informational purposes only, and we make no representations or warranties, either expressed, implied or statutory, regarding the items, manufacturers, or compatibility of the items available within. Some of the links below send you to sites that are not under our control. We are not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site or any changes or updates to such sites. These links are provided to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Eric Lawrence or Microsoft.  Report a problem.

neXpert Performance Report Generator

neXpert is an add-on which aids in performance testing of web applications. Learn more...

neXpert UI 

http://www.fiddler2.com/Fiddler2/extensions.asp

-Ivan

Ivan Sanders My LinkedIn , My Blog, @iasanders, BI in SP2013, SP2013 Content Packs.

Thursday, February 28, 2013 1:56 PM