none
Instruction Refference RRS feed

• Question

• When using IE8 it pops up with message "inst @ 0x5ff3d322refed memory @ 0x8d3dd4ab.  Memory could not be read.   Not a problem, but annoying.  Any easy way to stop of it?  What is cause?

Sunday, October 27, 2013 6:06 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I agree with Vincenzo Di Russo.

I would like to suggest you run Windows Memory Diagnostic to check if the memory is good.

To run Memory Diagnostic Test, follow the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Diagnosing-memory-problems-on-your-computer

In addition, to work around this issue, I would like to suggest you use one of the following methods.

1: Try to turn off Data Execution Prevention (DEP) for Internet Explorer to check the issue.

a. Click “Start”, “All Programs” and “Accessories”.
    b. Right Click on “Command Prompt” and click on “Run as Administrator”. Click the “Allow” button if it asks you for permission.
    c. Type or copy and paste the following command into the Command Prompt window.

bcdedit.exe /set nx AlwaysOff

Please Note: If you want to turn DEP back on, you can run the following command.

bcdedit.exe /set nx AlwaysOn

d. Hit enter and you should see the confirmation: Operation Completed Successfully.

2: Clear the temporary Internet files and the history cache

a.Start Internet Explorer.
    b.On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
    c.Under Temporary Internet files, click Delete Files, click to select the Delete all offline content check box, and then click OK.
    d.Under History, click Clear History, and then click OK.
    e.Clear the temporary Internet files and the history cache. To do this, click Clear History under History, click Yes, and then click OK.
    f.Restart Internet Explorer.

3: Remove the History folder

a.Restart the computer.
    b.Use administrative credentials to log on to the computer.
    c.Open Windows Explorer.
    d.Locate the %userprofile%\Local Settings\History folder for the user who is experiencing the problem.

Please Note The Local Settings folder is a hidden folder. To view this folder, enable the Show hidden files and folders option in Windows Explorer. To do this, click the Tools menu in Windows Explorer, click Folder Options, click the View tab, enable the Show hidden files and folders option.

e.Right-click the History folder, and then click Delete.
    f.When you are prompted to confirm the folder removal, click Yes.
    g.Close Windows Explorer.
    h.Restart the computer.
    i.Log on to the computer as the user who experiences the problem.
    j.Start Internet Explorer.
    k.On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
    l.Under Temporary Internet files, click Delete Files, click to select the Delete all offline content check box, and then click OK.
    m.Restart Internet Explorer.

If the issue persists, please follow the steps from the link below to fix the issue.

Is Internet Explorer slow? 5 things to try

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/help/internet-explorer/slow-five-tips-to-boost-performance

Hopefully it helps.

Regards,

Blair Deng

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time.
    Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 11:25 AM
  • See: "How to Reset Internet Explorer settings".

If still no joy...

1. Please download and run the Microsoft Safety Scanner tool (freeware).
    2. Reboot your PC.
    3. Please download and update Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free
    4. Reboot Windows in Safe Mode and run a Full Scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
    5. Reboot and Test.

Best of Luck,

Vincenzo Di Russo
    Microsoft® MVP Windows Internet Explorer, Windows & Security Expert - since 2003.
    Moderator in the Microsoft Community and TechNet Forums
    My MVP Profile

Sunday, October 27, 2013 7:12 PM

All replies

• See: "How to Reset Internet Explorer settings".

If still no joy...

1. Please download and run the Microsoft Safety Scanner tool (freeware).
    2. Reboot your PC.
    3. Please download and update Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free
    4. Reboot Windows in Safe Mode and run a Full Scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
    5. Reboot and Test.

Best of Luck,

Vincenzo Di Russo
    Microsoft® MVP Windows Internet Explorer, Windows & Security Expert - since 2003.
    Moderator in the Microsoft Community and TechNet Forums
    My MVP Profile

Sunday, October 27, 2013 7:12 PM
  • Hi,

I agree with Vincenzo Di Russo.

I would like to suggest you run Windows Memory Diagnostic to check if the memory is good.

To run Memory Diagnostic Test, follow the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Diagnosing-memory-problems-on-your-computer

In addition, to work around this issue, I would like to suggest you use one of the following methods.

1: Try to turn off Data Execution Prevention (DEP) for Internet Explorer to check the issue.

a. Click “Start”, “All Programs” and “Accessories”.
    b. Right Click on “Command Prompt” and click on “Run as Administrator”. Click the “Allow” button if it asks you for permission.
    c. Type or copy and paste the following command into the Command Prompt window.

bcdedit.exe /set nx AlwaysOff

Please Note: If you want to turn DEP back on, you can run the following command.

bcdedit.exe /set nx AlwaysOn

d. Hit enter and you should see the confirmation: Operation Completed Successfully.

2: Clear the temporary Internet files and the history cache

a.Start Internet Explorer.
    b.On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
    c.Under Temporary Internet files, click Delete Files, click to select the Delete all offline content check box, and then click OK.
    d.Under History, click Clear History, and then click OK.
    e.Clear the temporary Internet files and the history cache. To do this, click Clear History under History, click Yes, and then click OK.
    f.Restart Internet Explorer.

3: Remove the History folder

a.Restart the computer.
    b.Use administrative credentials to log on to the computer.
    c.Open Windows Explorer.
    d.Locate the %userprofile%\Local Settings\History folder for the user who is experiencing the problem.

Please Note The Local Settings folder is a hidden folder. To view this folder, enable the Show hidden files and folders option in Windows Explorer. To do this, click the Tools menu in Windows Explorer, click Folder Options, click the View tab, enable the Show hidden files and folders option.

e.Right-click the History folder, and then click Delete.
    f.When you are prompted to confirm the folder removal, click Yes.
    g.Close Windows Explorer.
    h.Restart the computer.
    i.Log on to the computer as the user who experiences the problem.
    j.Start Internet Explorer.
    k.On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
    l.Under Temporary Internet files, click Delete Files, click to select the Delete all offline content check box, and then click OK.
    m.Restart Internet Explorer.

If the issue persists, please follow the steps from the link below to fix the issue.

Is Internet Explorer slow? 5 things to try

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/help/internet-explorer/slow-five-tips-to-boost-performance

Hopefully it helps.

Regards,

Blair Deng

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time.
    Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 11:25 AM