Network printing from different IP range RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I have one domain in the office called mst with the IP address range of 10.60.72.x i have the network HP laserjet printer connected to the network with the same range of ip. Few days ago I bought a Linksys router WRT54GL with the capability of access point so as to connect it as wireless access point.

The problem is that this router only lease ip with range of 192.168.100.1 so that means all computers connected to it will have different IP comparing to the main network i.e 10.60.72.x and due to that all users connected to it cannot to print to the network printer.

Can any one please assist on how to make all users connected to this router print?

Thanx

Livanga

Saturday, May 4, 2013 11:09 AM

Answers

• Why can't you configure the router to grab an IP address from your current DHCP server?  You just have to disable the "DHCP" role on the Linksys and then give it a Static IP address from your network (assuming its plugging into your network).  If that doesn't work then you need to configure routes on your Linksys to your main 10.60.72.xxx network.

Be kind and Mark as Answer if I helped.

• Marked as answer by tracycai Tuesday, May 14, 2013 4:43 AM
    Sunday, May 5, 2013 4:20 PM