Word 2016 Document - Limit Visibility RRS feed

• Question

• I have a three page document in Word 2016. I have two groups of people who will view this document in a SharePoint 2010 document library. I want one group to only see the first two pages while the second group to have visibility to the entire three page document. Is this possible?
    Thursday, June 1, 2017 6:16 PM

All replies

• Hi TracyMCope,

>> I want one group to only see the first two pages while the second group to have visibility to the entire three page document. Is this possible?

I am afraid this is not possible to set separate visibility permissions for pages in the same document. Currently, we can only set permissions for an individual document or folder, see Share files or folders in Office 365.

Then here we mainly focus on general questions about Word desktop client, if you need further assistance on viewing documents in SharePoint document library, it is suggested to post to the following dedicated forum for SharePoint:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/home?forum=sharepointgeneralprevious

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Hope you can find the above information helpful.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 2, 2017 8:07 AM
  • Hi TracyMCope,

Just wanted to say hi and check if there is anything that I can do for you on this problem. If so, please do not hesitate to let me know and I will be happy to help.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 19, 2017 5:29 AM