Captured Image comes with Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hey Guys,

I've been trying to Build and Capture an Image for Windows 7 with MDT 2012 Update 1 and MDT 2013. The Task sequence seems to run just fine but when I try to deploy the image thru Config Mgr 2012 SP 1 it says "Windows could not configure one or more system components. To install Windows, restart the computer and then restart the installation". I have tried deploying it just a VM it seems to work fine.

I do use a VM to Deploy a Task sequence that Builds and Captures the Image. is there something I'm missing here?

Wednesday, April 2, 2014 12:01 PM

All replies

• When using a VM as your Reference Image that you are going to capture is there anything I need to be aware of when it comes to drivers?
    Wednesday, April 2, 2014 8:54 PM
  • So I just did the following steps:

1. Manually Installed OS on the VM
    2. Applied Updates
    3. Sysprep Audit Mode - Generalize - Reboot
    4. Deleted and Remove Accounts/Profiles
    5. Sysprep OOBE - Generalize - Shutdown
    6. Booted into MDT and ran a task sequence to ONLY Capture. No Sysprep. No Driver injection etc.

It Worked Great. I noticed the previous Images I captured using the process I found here http://trekker.net/archives/create-a-mostly-automated-reference-image-in-mdt-part-1/

the Images were only 2 Gigs versus the normal 4Gigs I'm thinking this be the problem? or is that normal when using MDT?

• Marked as answer by Keith GarnerMVP Thursday, April 3, 2014 9:11 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Curtis Hoyt Friday, April 4, 2014 12:33 AM
    Thursday, April 3, 2014 3:59 PM
  • Sorry but I unmarked it because I still need help.
    Friday, April 4, 2014 12:34 AM
  • What is the question?

Keith Garner - keithga.wordpress.com

Friday, April 4, 2014 4:24 PM
  • What is the question?

Keith Garner - keithga.wordpress.com

I'm trying to Automate the process of Capturing a Reference Image. I'm using a Standard Client Task sequence and it seems to capture successfully but when I deploy it to a Physical machine through SCCM I get the error "Windows could not configure one or more system components. To install Windows, restart the computer and then restart the installation". I am using a Hyper-V VM as the Reference Image is there something I'm doing wrong here? It Deploys fine to a VM.
    Friday, April 4, 2014 4:50 PM