none
Backup Enterprise Global Template RRS feed

• Question

• Hi gang,

Your opinion... should we backup the enterprise global template if we are using Project On-Line.  If so, how is this best achieved?

\Spiro Theopoulos PMP, MCITP. Montreal, QC (Canada)

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 3:40 PM

Answers

• Hi Spiro,

I'd suggest to save locally the enterprise global in order to keep a backup since the "administrative backup and restore" feature is not available in Project Online.

To do that, since you can no longer since 2007 save the enterprise global template as a separate Microsoft Project Plan (MPP) file, create a new project that uses the enterprise global template, and then save that file locally, selecting the option to save all enterprise custom fields and global items.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 4:16 PM

All replies

• Hi Spiro,

I'd suggest to save locally the enterprise global in order to keep a backup since the "administrative backup and restore" feature is not available in Project Online.

To do that, since you can no longer since 2007 save the enterprise global template as a separate Microsoft Project Plan (MPP) file, create a new project that uses the enterprise global template, and then save that file locally, selecting the option to save all enterprise custom fields and global items.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 4:16 PM
  • And in addition to Guillaume's excellent reply, definitely save a backup of everything where you can.  For me this means all the ECFs etc are documented and exported to tables in word/excel where possible.

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | P2O

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 6:59 AM