Skype for Business Cloud Connector Edition Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

i am facing an issue while deployment of Office 365 E5 Cloud PBX deployment with on premises PSTN by using Cloud Connector Edition 1.4.1. rest of the configuration went really but while configuring the URI for user and running the below command i am encountering an error:

Set-CsUser -Identity username@domain.com -EnterpriseVoiceEnabled $true -HostedVoiceMail $true -OnPremLineURI "tel:+phonenumber"

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

+ CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Set-CsUser], NullReferenceException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.NullReferenceException,Microsoft.Rtc.Management.AD.Cmdlets.SetOcsUserCmdlet

+ PSComputerName        : admin1e.online.lync.com

any idea what is wrong here ?

Regards, Owais

Wednesday, December 7, 2016 7:03 PM

All replies

• Deleted
    Wednesday, December 7, 2016 11:49 PM
  • Hi Owais,

Welcome to our forum.

The value of OnPremLineURI must be specified using the E.164 format and use the "TEL:" prefix. For example: TEL:+14255551297. Any extension number should be added to the end of the line URI, for example: TEL:+14255551297;ext=51297. Please refer to the following link:
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt613429.aspx 

If there are any questions or issues, please be free to let me know.

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    • Edited by jim-xu Thursday, December 8, 2016 9:18 AM
    Thursday, December 8, 2016 9:17 AM
  • would like to know if the user was on onprem and now has been moved on to online??? if yes

simply use this command

Set-CsUser –Identity "SAMACCOUNT" –LineUri "tel:+;ext="

or

Set-CsUser –Identity "SAMACCOUNT" –LineUri "tel:+"

• Edited by SEPESUSH Thursday, December 8, 2016 1:59 PM
    Thursday, December 8, 2016 1:59 PM
  • yes i have assigned the licenses.

Regards, Owais

Friday, December 9, 2016 3:10 PM
  • Hi Jim, 

i am following this article for the deployment, where it is not mentioned to use URI as phonenumber with ext... can you please suggest if it is mentioned anywhere else. 

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt740651.aspx 

Regards, Owais

Friday, December 9, 2016 3:13 PM
  • Hi Owais,

When you use Set-CsUser with OnpremLineURI parameter, the value of OnpremLineURL must be E.164 format, you could not have extension number. Please refer to the link which I have posted in my first reply.

In addition, I could not find any other documents to configure “Cloud Connector integration with your Office 365 tenant”.

If there are any questions or issues, please be free to let me know.   

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by jim-xu Monday, December 19, 2016 9:42 AM
    Monday, December 12, 2016 2:31 AM