none
Capacity Planning without engagements? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all.

Apologies this is probably a really basic query and I suspect I know the answer already. I'm fairly new to all of this and the majority of my knowledge is self taught.

I've just setup Project Online for my team, with the main idea to aid with resource planning. When I first looked into using Project Online I noticed the Capacity Planning option and (probably wrongly) assumed the resource availability was all linked to the tasks that they have been assigned to in the project plans. We're in the early stages of setting this up and my team have linked their plans and assigned their tasks to themselves. I can see in the Projects view all of the projects that have published and the amount of work and % complete, so when I went to Capacity Planning I expected to see their availability reduce on days they have assigned tasks. Is this linked to engagements only?

Thanks.

Tuesday, July 3, 2018 10:48 AM

Answers

• Hi DangerM0use,

Microsoft have recently made a change, and you now need to enable Reporting of Timephased Data on a daily basis, under PWA Settings, Reporting.  Please see the screen shot below.  Also you will need to republish your projects. 

You are not the 1st to get caught out by this...!

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | downloads | P2O

• Marked as answer by DangerM0use Tuesday, July 3, 2018 1:50 PM
    Tuesday, July 3, 2018 11:56 AM

All replies