RMS Sharing App Windows - Unable to open protected PDF (ppdf) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

I'm trying to open RMS protected PDF (ppdf) in RMS Sharing App for Windows (Windows 10).

There's no file association or any other way to see protected document.

I was following Microsoft official statement and support for OS:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/information-protection/get-started/requirements-applications

Is this a bug or I'm doing something wrong?

I'm able to protect document but I can't read it.

Regards,

Marko

Monday, March 6, 2017 3:36 PM

Answers

• Yes, this should work.  Is it just the file association that's not working?  Can you use "Open with" from File Explorer and then select "Microsoft Rights Management sharing application" ?
    Monday, March 6, 2017 5:43 PM
  • Hi Carol,

It's working!

File association was corrupted (I had Foxit Pro, RMS Sharing was installed, Foxit Pro removed).

I was able to configure file association by clicking "Open With" and manually selecting RMSsharing.exe from the following location:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Rights Management sharing application\

Regards,

Marko

Tuesday, March 7, 2017 8:50 AM

All replies

• Yes, this should work.  Is it just the file association that's not working?  Can you use "Open with" from File Explorer and then select "Microsoft Rights Management sharing application" ?
    Monday, March 6, 2017 5:43 PM
  • Hi Carol,

It's working!

File association was corrupted (I had Foxit Pro, RMS Sharing was installed, Foxit Pro removed).

I was able to configure file association by clicking "Open With" and manually selecting RMSsharing.exe from the following location:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Rights Management sharing application\

Regards,

Marko

Tuesday, March 7, 2017 8:50 AM