none
How to set GP/GP ACL that promps custom password when user tries to install digitally unsinged application

Question

• Hello guys, thanks for taking the time to look at this question.  What i want is to set up GP and or GP + ACL to make user enter custom credentials when trying to install an unsigned application, how do i do this? What i tried so far is to set admin privilege mode on and prompt credentials + UAC: always notify when installation occurs, however, this is not what i want, under what i have setup i get prompted credentials when installing Digitally Signed applications, and it's annoying, i'd like something more simple and intuitive, only to prompt when an application is not digitally signed, thanks.

• Edited by Adan Ramirez Saturday, September 10, 2016 6:49 AM
    Saturday, September 10, 2016 4:41 AM

Answers

• Hi Adan,

In my opinion, you need write a script to achieve this.

First, if you want to install an application, you need check if the application file has been digital sign.

If the file is non-digitally signed, you need install the application with admin privilege.

Here is a thread about check if the file has digital signature for your reference.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/667017/how-to-check-if-a-file-has-a-digital-signature

Best Regards,

Jay

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 12, 2016 7:36 AM

All replies

• Hi Adan,

In my opinion, you need write a script to achieve this.

First, if you want to install an application, you need check if the application file has been digital sign.

If the file is non-digitally signed, you need install the application with admin privilege.

Here is a thread about check if the file has digital signature for your reference.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/667017/how-to-check-if-a-file-has-a-digital-signature

Best Regards,

Jay

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 12, 2016 7:36 AM
  • Hi Adan,

Are there any updates?

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,

Jay

Monday, September 19, 2016 2:44 AM