Remote Desktop RRS feed

• Question

• How can I connect to the PC with Remote Desktop app? I have it on my phone and RD Assistant on my PC but it sais "User name or password not work." but I don't have any password...and I scan the QR code for connection and still nothing and also enabled everything... What can I do?
    Sunday, August 13, 2017 8:43 AM

All replies

• What version (Home, Pro, N etc) are you running? You say 'RD Assistant on my PC' that is different remote desktop. Do you have Remote Desktop available and enabled?

Sunday, August 13, 2017 9:07 PM
  • Hi,

Please check the local security policy settings as below:

Open Local Security Policy from Administrative Tools menu, go to Local Policy > Security Options, then in the Policy double click on "Network access: Sharing and security model for local accounts" and change the setting to "Classic - local users authenticate as themselves".  Click OK

Also, I suggest to uncheck the highlight option Under System Properties->Remote:

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 15, 2017 2:31 AM
  • Hi, 

Is there any update on your issue? 

If there is any further question, please post back the detailed information to clarify your issue.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 18, 2017 5:49 AM
  • Hi,

Have you had time to check my suggestions? If there is anything unclear, please post back for further help.

Friday, September 1, 2017 6:32 AM