Priviliges problem with Outlook accounts RRS feed

• Question

• Dear community members,

I have a problem that has been puzzling me for about two weeks now. I'm in charge of maintaining our systems and exchange services here in the office, and two employees (having seperate email-boxes, both in the same exchange-account) are having trouble looking in eachothers mailboxes, despite being assigned with the proper clearances. The weird thing is, it works from one way. Let's say we have employee X and employee Y.

Employee X can see, edit and reply to mails from the mailbox of employee Y. This mailbox also gets updated in her Outlook-envorinment.

Employee Y can see employee's X mailbox in her Outlook-envorinment, but this mailbox doesn't get updated on her envorinment. In other words it can be seen but it's useless because it isn't receiving mail on her computer.

Both the accounts have the exact same clearance rules assigned to eachother. But somehow the privileges of employee Y aren't being picked up by the system.

Is there a solution for this problem? Is anyone here familiar with this issue? An answer to this problem would be greatly appreciated. Since I don't have a ton of experience with these services (I'm mainly a webdeveloper, the IT-manager quit his job), and me being "the guy who knows about computers" I'm left solving these problems.. For now.

With kind regards, Niek Meinema

Thursday, May 15, 2014 10:07 AM

All replies

• Define "proper clearances" and "clearance rules".

Mailboxes not being "updated" may indicate problems with cached mode.  Try turning off cached mode to see if that is the issue.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Thursday, May 15, 2014 10:01 PM
  • That solved it. Thanks a lot!
    Tuesday, May 20, 2014 12:07 PM
  • Please mark my response as the answer if it is.

Consider turning cached mode back on for that user after deleting the OST file as the user experience is usually better.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Tuesday, May 20, 2014 3:44 PM