Recent Places RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to get recent places to work in favorites on Windows 7..nothing is ever in there..

Please advcise as how to activate??

Thanks

Tuesday, March 23, 2010 12:12 AM

Answers

• I'm trying to get recent places to work in favorites on Windows 7..nothing is ever in there..

Hi

Are you referring to the Favorites on the Start Menu?

If so, that is designed to just show the Favorites menu from Internet Explorer, not to show recent places that you have visited.

If you have Internet Explorer pinned to the Taskbar, you can right click that icon and see a list of recent or frequent places in the Jump List.

Hope this helps.

Thank You for using Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    • Marked as answer by Linda Yan Monday, March 29, 2010 2:13 AM
    Wednesday, March 24, 2010 5:52 AM
  • As Ronnie mentioned, you can use Jump List to check the frequent and recent items for certain program. For more information, please refer to Windows 7 features: Jump Lists

If you are referring to the recent items in Start menu, please right click on the Start button, click Properties, check the two options under "Privacy", and then click OK.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 6:48 AM

All replies

• same here...  so annoying
    Tuesday, March 23, 2010 7:07 PM

Hi

Are you referring to the Favorites on the Start Menu?

If so, that is designed to just show the Favorites menu from Internet Explorer, not to show recent places that you have visited.

If you have Internet Explorer pinned to the Taskbar, you can right click that icon and see a list of recent or frequent places in the Jump List.

Hope this helps.

Thank You for using Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    Wednesday, March 24, 2010 5:52 AM
  • As Ronnie mentioned, you can use Jump List to check the frequent and recent items for certain program. For more information, please refer to Windows 7 features: Jump Lists

If you are referring to the recent items in Start menu, please right click on the Start button, click Properties, check the two options under "Privacy", and then click OK.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 6:48 AM
  • Doesn't anyone at Microsoft use Windows 7?

There's an icon in the standard Save dialog that says Recent Places. It never has anything in it.

How is this option populated?

-- Bob

Tuesday, December 28, 2010 11:18 PM
  • The question does NOT refer to jump lists or to the Start Menu.  Instead, it refers to the Recent Places item under Favorites in Windows Explorer.  I am having the same problem that if I click on this, all I get is an empty list.  This used to work when I first got my new laptop (back in December 2010). But it stopped working after a couple of weeks.  perhaps I changed an important setting while customizing my laptop?

From looking at various message boards, it seems that many people are experiencing this problem, and yet no one from MS seems to understand what we are asking about. To repeat, we are asking about Windows Explorer, Favorites, Recent Places.

Monday, January 31, 2011 5:34 PM