Spoolsv.exe application error problem!!!!!!!!!!!! RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

We are facing the problem of spooler service not working and even though started manually it keeps on stopping automatically all of our pc's with windows xp in the network.

Can anybody please provide a solution to this problem?

Regards

Techshan

27-10-10

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 2:43 PM

All replies

• I have the similar problem too. The symptoms i have is the spool application error and all of the printers disappear from the server and the service is stopped. I cannot restart the service without my short term fix, which is to delete the files located in the folder.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\PRINTERS

But the problem comes back days later and not sure what triggers it.

I think i have narrowed it down to a specific printer. If you check the event log you may see an error message that relates to this. for instance this is what mine says :

Faulting application spoolsv.exe, version 5.2.3790.4759, faulting module xrzwslbi.dll, version 1.0.709.21, fault address 0x0000b5a2.

After some research on the file xrzwslbi.dll i have found its related to my xerox 6125n. So i updated its drivers to the latest version updated its firmware and removed and re added it to the server. Im now waiting to see if it breaks again.

I have seen on other sites mentioning about removing all printers and info from registry etc but as mine is a server and has like 20+ printers i dont think thats a good idea so im hoping this is going to work.

www.mypchealth.co.uk
    Monday, November 15, 2010 11:03 AM
  • Sunday, September 16, 2012 7:25 AM