How to verify if WideBand support in Bluetooth (Windows 10) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

Windows 10 have Wideband support in Bluetooth, Without a Handsfree v1.6 device, is there a way to check if wideband is enabled for bluetooth. Is there a tool or command or registry settings to indicate that wideband is enabled in windows 10. 

Regards

Yogesh

Wednesday, January 11, 2017 4:02 AM

All replies

• If you connect it to Windows 10 device, it should be displayed in Devices in Settings.

However, if you don't have access to Windows 10 PC or you couldn't test it, contact its manufacturer's support team.

Friday, March 10, 2017 2:58 PM
  • If you reread the question I think you'll see Yogesh was in the opposite position.  He has a Windows 10 PC and wants to know how to tell if it supports Handsfree v1.6/Wideband audio without a bluetooth headset or other Handsfree v1.6 supporting device.

Yogesh, I am not aware of a way to see in Windows, but that doesn't mean there isn't one.  The way I would check is to find the model of your bluetooth hardware, likely a wifi+bluetooth mini pcie combo card. This can be found in the properties of the card in the device manager, or a few other ways that you may already know, take your pick.  Once you know the model an online search should be able to locate the device specs as well as a list of compatible bluetooth profiles.

I hope I was able to help if you still didn't know,

Brad

Tuesday, April 4, 2017 8:13 PM