Skype 2015 integration with exchange 2013 in different AD sites RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have an exchange 2013 farm in one site and an SfB 2015 farm in different site with reverse proxy, edge, front-end and DB roles. I want to know what ports should be opened through firewalls to integrate SfB with  Exchange and between which components.

Thank you.

Monday, April 20, 2020 7:46 PM

All replies

• Hi m.shayan!

If you want to learn ports and protocol requirements for Exchange and Lync Server deployment, you can refer to the following article:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/28141.ports-and-protocols-requirement-for-exchange-and-lync-server-deployment.aspx

After satisfying the basic ports of the two servers, you can try to follow the following article for integration

http://blog.schertz.name/2015/09/exchange-and-skype-for-business-integration/

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.
    Tuesday, April 21, 2020 2:37 AM
  • Thank you for your prompt reply,

I read both articles but there is no explicit note about my question.

In this article Microsoft says: "We do not support restricting or altering network traffic between internal Exchange servers, between internal Exchange servers and internal Lync or Skype for Business servers, or between internal Exchange servers and internal Active Directory domain controllers in any and all types of topologies." but this is not practical.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/plan-and-deploy/deployment-ref/network-ports?view=exchserver-2019

Wednesday, April 22, 2020 9:38 AM
  • Hi m.shayan!

I did not find a detailed article specifically discussing the port requirements for integration between the two servers. I have also read the article you provided to me before. However, this article describes does not seem to have anything to do with integration.

If there is any useful information, I will update it in time!

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 24, 2020 10:20 AM
  • No new answer or information!
    Tuesday, April 28, 2020 8:29 AM
  • Hi shayan!

The following picture shows the ports between front end server and Exchange for your reference:

You can refer to the link to know more details:

https://techblog.ptschumi.ch/microsoft-365/microsoft-teams-skype/skype-for-business-front-end-server-port-requirements/

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com

Sunday, May 3, 2020 9:58 AM
  • Hi,
    Is there any update on this case?
    Please feel free to drop us a note if there is any update.
    Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com

Monday, May 11, 2020 2:57 AM