Skype for Business on premises or hybrid RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

I just joined new company and we are planning migration to Microsoft Teams (we do have office365 but we are not using all features). Unfortunately there is no documentation regarding Skype for Business. How can I check if I have Skype on premises or hybrid configuration. I know we have 5 local servers: Reverse Proxy, Backend (SQL and reporting), Edge, Front end, Office Web Apps.

Friday, November 30, 2018 11:42 AM

Answers

• Hi,

If you have those servers you have a On Premises server and that can be configured to be in Hybrid mode. To check that you can start with logging in to the FrontEnd server and start Powershell. Run Get-CsHostingProvider and see if you have a entry with EnabledSharedAddressSpace : True and ProxyFqdn: sipfed.online.lync.com

If you have those settings on a hosting provider listed I guess you have Hybrid mode configured or at least someone tried to configure it.

/Linus Cansby

• Proposed as answer by woshixiaobai Tuesday, December 4, 2018 5:55 AM
    • Marked as answer by jarecki12 Monday, December 10, 2018 9:14 AM
    Friday, November 30, 2018 7:17 PM

All replies

• Hi,

If you have those servers you have a On Premises server and that can be configured to be in Hybrid mode. To check that you can start with logging in to the FrontEnd server and start Powershell. Run Get-CsHostingProvider and see if you have a entry with EnabledSharedAddressSpace : True and ProxyFqdn: sipfed.online.lync.com

If you have those settings on a hosting provider listed I guess you have Hybrid mode configured or at least someone tried to configure it.

/Linus Cansby

• Marked as answer by jarecki12 Monday, December 10, 2018 9:14 AM
    Friday, November 30, 2018 7:17 PM
  • Hi ,

Agree with Linus Cansby. You could also try to use script to validate the Hybrid configuration. Details about this script you could refer to the blog: Validate your Lync Server 2013 or Skype for Business 2015 Hybrid Configuration. If your environment has been configured hybrid, you could also use this script to troubleshooting the hybrid configuration. 

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, December 3, 2018 6:41 AM
  • Hi,

It looks like I'm half way there...

Identity                  : LyncOnline
    Name                      : LyncOnline
    ProxyFqdn                 : sipfed.online.lync.com
    VerificationLevel         : AlwaysVerifiable
    Enabled                   : True
    EnabledSharedAddressSpace : False
    HostsOCSUsers             : False
    IsLocal                   : False
    AutodiscoverUrl           :

Tuesday, December 4, 2018 11:00 AM
  • Hi jarecki12,

You could try to configure the Skype for Business hybrid environment now, detail about how to do this you could refer to the blog: Step-By-Step: Skype for Business 2015 Hybrid Configuration 

After doing the configuration, you could move users to Skype for Business online and the assign a coexistence and upgrade mode. You could refer to the official document to find more details: Upgrade from a Skype for Business on-premises deployment to Teams

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, December 6, 2018 8:22 AM
  • Hi jarecki12,

Is there any update for this issue? If the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who have the similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Monday, December 10, 2018 8:28 AM