none
Cannot save changes in schedule in PWA. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Folks,

Please help to resolve...

I have Project Server 2010 with about 60 projects. It was working correctly for about year.

But some time ago, users get this message when trying to edit schedule via browser (IE11). 

"This edit is unsupported in Project Web App. If you wish to make this change, open your project using Project Professional."

Previously, users can edit the schedule. This error occurs also on just created projects, with empty schedule.

Why may occur such a problem?

• Edited by Denis F Monday, December 15, 2014 12:13 PM
    Monday, December 15, 2014 12:12 PM

All replies

• Hello,

What happens when the users trying in IE 7, 8 or 9? Does it work in compatibility mode when using IE10 / 11?

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Monday, December 15, 2014 12:55 PM
  • Denis,

Yes, I have seen this, and it is a compatability issue. Add the PWA site to Compatability view in IE11,  and it will work.

Cheers,

Prasanna Adavi, Project MVP

Blog:   Podcast:    Twitter:    LinkedIn:   

Monday, December 15, 2014 1:15 PM
  • Hi Paul, it works in IE 8. Also some  projects i can edit normally in IE 11, but some cannot.

Are there any restriction on assigments or resources? 

Friday, December 19, 2014 3:49 AM
  • Does it work consistently in IE11 when viewing the PWA site in compatibility mode? IE 11 is not officially a supported browser for Project Server 2010 PWA but should work in compatibility mode. Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Friday, December 19, 2014 9:43 AM
  • Hi Paul, Thank you for advise.

But there is strange thing in PWA. Users can edit schedule of most of projects, but some of them (about 5 projects) shows error when trying to edit the schedule ("This edit is unsupported in Project Web App. If you wish to make this change, open your project using Project Professional.").   Projects have no unusual attributes. There are about 50 tasks with start and finish dates and assigned resources.

Might this error appear because of some project's settings?

Friday, January 9, 2015 3:48 AM
  • I have a user on IE11, Windows 7, who added the PWA site to their compatability view.  The user is trying to create projects in PWA.  After selecting Save the project gets stuck in Processing status and never saves.  This user is waiting for Project Pro to be installed on her machine.  Can she not save a project without having Project Pro installed or is it perhaps related to the fact that she is using IE11?
    Tuesday, February 3, 2015 6:01 PM
  • It can also be the case where when you are creating a new task from PWA there are custom field with formulas that when calculating, read content from other fields or tables that might not be yet initialized or are in error.

In this case the calculation process fails and the task cannot be created.

As this also happens only for few users it looks like the formula based custom field is set on a particular view for Projects.

Resolution
    In such cases as Project Server 2010 does not have a calculation engine like Project Server 2013, I would suggest that you update the value of such custom fields through Project Professional, or edit and change or remove the formula custom field from the view in the Schedule page.

Cheers! Happy troubleshooting !!! Dinesh S. Rai - MSFT Enterprise Project Management Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, February 4, 2015 1:40 AM