Application Virtualization Issue (App-V 4.6) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

Currently, the environment is Windows 2008, XenApp 6.5 using MS App-V 4.6 to stream applications, this is working as expected but I am unable to resolve an issue for a packaged application.

I have defined within the package, 2 file type associations, if I launch the application by double clicking the file from within windows explorer, 1 file type opens the application as expected, but double clicking the 2<sup>nd</sup> file type, the application opens and closes immediately, yet I can open the application using the 1<sup>st</sup> file, browse to the 2<sup>nd</sup> file and open without issue, I can also open the application browsing to the exe itself to launch and open both files fine, so it only happens when trying to launch the application from windows explorer for this specific FTA

I have compared the registry settings to the application that is installed local on another machine were both files work and cannot see any difference. I have also checked to that 8.3 naming is not at fault.

any ideas what may cause this or suggested areas to look into will be very much appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

Nagatas

Nagatas

Thursday, September 11, 2014 3:50 PM

Answers

• Hello,

1. When installed natively - without any App-V involvement - what happens when using the two FTAs?

2. How does the registry key look in the above scenario?

3. Does the registry key, in #2, match whats in your package?

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Saturday, September 13, 2014 10:01 AM

All replies

• What does the sftlog say?  Also, did you configure the FTAs manually or is that how the sequencer created them?  If possible posting your osd file might help.
    Thursday, September 11, 2014 4:48 PM
  • Hello,

1. When installed natively - without any App-V involvement - what happens when using the two FTAs?

2. How does the registry key look in the above scenario?

3. Does the registry key, in #2, match whats in your package?

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Saturday, September 13, 2014 10:01 AM