Installing Skype For Business Online silently in a enterprise environment using SCCM. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am planning to roll out Skype For Business Online (Office 365) to users across enterprise. We want to install this silently to all users.

I tried to search for the MSI/full Exe version to install but I am only able to get the Web Installer version downloadable from Office 365 Admin center.

Can anyone advice how to silently install the web installer version silently across enterprise using Microsoft SCCM?

Thanks,

kesari suresh

Friday, November 18, 2016 4:46 PM

All replies

• Hi kesari,

Welcome to post in our forum.

Based on my understanding, you want to silent install SFB client in Office 365 with SCCM, if this is your issue, we suggest you post in SCCM forum, there are many experts will help you resolve the issue.

Thanks for your understanding.
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?category=systemcenter2012configurationmanager

Hope this helpful to you.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 21, 2016 4:16 AM
  • Thank You. As suggested I posted the question in that forum but received a reply that the questions is appropriate for SFB forum

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/56b9a74b-7a95-4681-a196-28fe81474920/silently-installing-skype-for-business-online-web-installer-across-enterprise-using-sccm?forum=configmanagerapps

kesari suresh

Monday, November 21, 2016 5:29 PM
  • Hi kesari,

Thanks for your response.

Based on my research, if you want to silent install SFB client with SCCM, You can use the Config.xml file to configure Skype for Business silent installation.

I’m not familiar with SCCM, I tested this on a single computer and it works, you can use the following steps as reference.

Steps:

1. Download Skype for Business.

2. Extract files by running the following cmdlet.

D:\lyncentry.exe /extract:D:\SFB /quiet

3. Copy the file “config.xml” from lyncentry.ww folder to the root of the setup folder(D:\SFB\), and then edit it, as shown in the following figure.

4. Run the following cmdlet to launch the Office Customization tool and configure the settings.

D:\SFB\setup /admin

5. Click “File” and select “Save”, save the file (.msp) to the updates subfolder in the Lync install folder.

6. Run the following cmdlet to install Lync.

D:\SFB\Setup /config config.xml

Hope this helpful to you.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Monday, November 28, 2016 9:44 AM
    Tuesday, November 22, 2016 1:55 AM