Response group ring more then 1 group RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We have some problems with configuring the phone route. I shall explain how I want that my route is going to be.

I have a number like +31123456789 and it is forwarded to queue "+31123456789 queue1" in that queue I have configured 1 group named "receptionist".

I configured another queue like "+31123456789 queue2" and in that queue I configured 2 groups like "receptionist" and "administration".

The first queue is ringing for 25 seconds. I enable the timeout on queue1 so the queue forwards the incoming call to queue2. In queue2 there are 2 groups but the incoming call only rings on the first group. I want that it rings all the groups in that queue so when the receptionist is not able to answer the call that the people from administration are able to answer.

I hope someone has configured the same scenario.

Thursday, June 14, 2012 11:35 AM

Answers

• Lync is not capable of ringing two response groups at the same time.  I was able to get around this by creating a group for reception and one for the administration group that also had the reception members in it so all the phones would ring.  This can get unwieldy if you have a lot of groups but it does work.
    • Proposed as answer by Kent-Huang Thursday, July 5, 2012 9:41 AM
    • Marked as answer by Kent-Huang Friday, July 6, 2012 1:23 AM
    Wednesday, June 20, 2012 7:31 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Multiple groups in a queue would be ring one by one. But the feature you description can be achieved.  In Queue setting, you can up or down the group order in this Queue. If no agent answer the call in the first group, the agent of the second group will be ringed. So after forwarding the call to Queue2, the people from administration would answer the call if no one in receptionist answer the call.

Regards,

Kent Huang

• Edited by Kent-Huang Friday, June 15, 2012 6:44 AM
    Friday, June 15, 2012 6:44 AM
  • Thanks for your reply. The thing I want to archieve is that I want to ring the first group for 25 seconds. After that 25 seconds I want to ring the first group AND the second group for 20 seconds.

I now archieved to ring the first group for 25 seconds and after that the second group rings for 20 seconds so I want that the first group will ring for 25 seconds and after that the both groups will ring for 20 seconds.

Friday, June 15, 2012 7:20 AM
  • Hi,

what was the routing algorhythm that you use in Queue 2? can you try longast Idle and see whether it works.

Thamara. MCTS, MCITP Ent Admin, Specialized in U.C Voice OCS 2007 R2 Z-Hire -- Automate IT Account creation process ( AD / Exchange / Lync )

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 4:53 PM
  • Lync is not capable of ringing two response groups at the same time.  I was able to get around this by creating a group for reception and one for the administration group that also had the reception members in it so all the phones would ring.  This can get unwieldy if you have a lot of groups but it does work.
    • Proposed as answer by Kent-Huang Thursday, July 5, 2012 9:41 AM
    • Marked as answer by Kent-Huang Friday, July 6, 2012 1:23 AM
    Wednesday, June 20, 2012 7:31 PM