win 7 SP1 / updates downloaded a recent version of win7 SP1 RRS feed

• Question

• hi all, 

I already have pre installed win7 SP1 and due to so many problems with updates from win updates I turned off the WIN 7 Updates, but after a second system restore of C: back to factory default I selected some updates (security updates) which I thought was important, and by mistake must have selected this WINDOWS 7 SP1 update as well, which installed sucessfully. 

I was about to uninstall it, but when I got to the point of Scan for affected programs option, noticed that lots of drivers are more recent ones and some of the win updates would be uninstalled too.

I just dont know if i should uninstall this SP1 or not, everything seems to be working fine, but will there be an activation request further down, like in a few days?

thank u all

Friday, May 11, 2012 8:40 PM

All replies

• You can check that out if Windows is activated-

On the desktop, right-click Computer (or My Computer) > Properties. You should see the following under Windows activation category-

Windows is activated

Product ID: Your product ID

and a blue Genuine Microsoft software logo on the right - if I remember correctly.

If you don't see "Windows is activated" under Windows activation; and instead see something telling that it is evaluation mode or it expires in x days - then you might need to activate Windows again.

Saturday, May 12, 2012 4:18 AM
  • Hi Swapnil99pro,

Thank u for ur time and advice.Windows is showing as activated so far....I dont know if that will change...what do u think? Oh, yes ...the blue logo is there too...Genuine Microsoft Software.

Thank u

• Edited by rosh19 Saturday, May 12, 2012 8:06 PM
    Saturday, May 12, 2012 8:04 PM
  • Hi ,

Windows Update will automatically check the updates which your computer needs. It is recommended to install Service Pack 1. Turn on the Windows Update and install the updates which are provided that will helps Win7 up to date.

Tracy Cai

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 8:55 AM
  • SP1 is free from microsoft to upgrade windows 7 you don't need to worry about losing your activation

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 12:36 PM