Return Address Label RRS feed

• Question

• It's not really clear where to post this, so I will start here.

A customer uses the Courier new font in small caps for the return address on his envelopes.  The problem is that the samll caps feature makes the numerals the same size as the large caps.  He wants the numerals to be the same as the small cals (lower case letters), and I have to agree that it looks better.

I have tried reformatting the return address in the Envelopes section of Mailings and tried to change the return address font on an individual envelope and create a style.  Unfortunately, neither of thes approaches worked.  The return address wants to be in the same font throughout.  The only thing I can find is to edit each envelope manually.

Small caps is implemented by reducing the size of the lower case letters by a point.  Is there a way too reduce the size of the numerals to the size of the lower case letters?

Bob Havey D2D Computer Services Springfield, VA
    Friday, June 10, 2011 4:20 PM

All replies

• No, there is no such setting. Instead, use full caps and reduce the font size of the Return Address style by 1 point.
    Jay Freedman
    MS Word MVP  FAQ: http://word.mvps.org
    • Marked as answer by William Zhou CHN Thursday, June 16, 2011 1:39 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by D2D - 2 Thursday, June 16, 2011 11:20 PM
    Saturday, June 11, 2011 4:22 AM
  •  

Hi,

I am writing to see how everything is going with this issue. Is the problem resolved? If there is anything I can do for you, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

William Zhou

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com   

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Tuesday, June 14, 2011 5:18 AM
  • Hi,

As I have not heard from you for several days. I will go ahead and close this thread. If this issue is not resolved or you have any questions, please feel free to reply to us and this thread will be re-opened.

Best Regards,

William Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Thursday, June 16, 2011 1:39 AM
  • First, in the font setting there is a setting for small caps in Envelopes-Options-Return Address-Font.

Second, the issue is that I cannot change the font of individual characters in the return label - at least not as a default.  Unless we edit the return label every time we use it we appear to be stuck with what Microsoft sets as small caps.

Bob Havey D2D Computer Services Springfield, VA
    Thursday, June 16, 2011 11:25 PM
  • Hello,

Thank you for your question.

I am currently looking into this issue and will give you an update as soon as possible.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Best Regards,

William Zhou

Friday, June 17, 2011 9:22 AM