New to vb script, need to develop a script that changes file extensions. RRS feed

• Question

• HI, I am completely new to VBscripts, never worked with it before. can someone give me a step by step guideline on how to make a vbscript that changes file extension. Its okay If you cannot provide the code, I will develop it. I just need to know how to. Tried downloading and running a few vbscript applications but they dont run. Do i need to run them from cmd? if so what are the commands. What would be the best strategy for developing such application. I am confused because the  vbs file that I am making are not doing anything. Using notepad, that what my workplace can provide me for vbscript. lol
    • Moved by Reed KimbleMVP Friday, January 17, 2014 2:00 AM general vbs questions
    Thursday, January 16, 2014 7:19 PM

Answers

• HI, I am completely new to VBscripts, never worked with it before. can someone give me a step by step guideline on how to make a vbscript that changes file extension. Its okay If you cannot provide the code, I will develop it. I just need to know how to. Tried downloading and running a few vbscript applications but they dont run. Do i need to run them from cmd? if so what are the commands. What would be the best strategy for developing such application. I am confused because the  vbs file that I am making are not doing anything. Using notepad, that what my workplace can provide me for vbscript. lol

Start here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/scriptcenter/dd772284

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Proposed as answer by Mike Laughlin Friday, January 17, 2014 2:27 AM
    • Marked as answer by whatevr2 Monday, January 27, 2014 7:14 PM
    Friday, January 17, 2014 2:05 AM

All replies

• This is a VB.Net forum. Not a VB Script forum.

Please BEWARE that I have NO EXPERIENCE and NO EXPERTISE and probably onset of DEMENTIA which may affect my answers! Also, I've been told by an expert, that when you post an image it clutters up the thread and mysteriously, over time, the link to the image will somehow become "unstable" or something to that effect. :) I can only surmise that is due to Global Warming of the threads.

Friday, January 17, 2014 1:16 AM
  • Moved to Scripting Forum.

Reed Kimble - "When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Friday, January 17, 2014 2:00 AM

Start here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/scriptcenter/dd772284

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Proposed as answer by Mike Laughlin Friday, January 17, 2014 2:27 AM
    • Marked as answer by whatevr2 Monday, January 27, 2014 7:14 PM
    Friday, January 17, 2014 2:05 AM