Outlook Subfolders RRS feed

• Question

• I recently bought a new computer and Office 365.  Outlook did not import my subfolders. 

How do I get my calendar and contacts also did not transfer.

How can I get the subfolders imported into Outlook, and import calendar and contacts.

Saturday, December 14, 2019 8:12 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You have an Outlook client and you configured your email account on it, right? What's the type of your email account in Outlook? POP, IMAP or Exchange?

If you are using an Exchange account, all your messages, folders, calendar and contacts will be synced from your server to your Outlook client once you configured it.

Then if you are suing an IMAP account, only your messages and folders will be synced.

If you are using a pop account, I'm afraid there is no data will be synced since all your data is saved in local. In this situation, it is suggested to import your PST file stored in the old device to the new Outlook client. For more details, please refer to: Import email, contacts, and calendar from an Outlook .pst file.

Different account types have different synced content. For your reference: Sync basics - what you can and cannot sync.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 16, 2019 2:41 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got the issue fixed?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards, 

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 17, 2019 8:02 AM