none
How to remove search results - content source has been removed! RRS feed

• Question

• I had a content source for a file share, which I've deleted, but search is still returning results for that file share.

I've tried doing an "Index Reset" and still no luck.

My next step is to open a ticket with MS Product support, but before I do  that I thought I would check and see if there is an easy fix for this.

(I seem to remember that in sharepoint, an index is built then pused to each WFE, and I suspect the WFE has an old index, but don't know where to look to verify, or how to reset it)

Thanks,

- Jack

Thursday, September 8, 2011 2:02 PM

Answers

• Clear the sp collection on FAST server (all other content sources will be removed from there as well).
    Thursday, September 8, 2011 2:23 PM

All replies

• Clear the sp collection on FAST server (all other content sources will be removed from there as well).
    Thursday, September 8, 2011 2:23 PM
  • Thor, what do you mean by that?

I went into central admin and removed the content source that was pointing to the file share - is that what you mean, or is there something I need to physically do while logged on to the box that has FAST installed on it.

hmm, now that I think about it more, the letters 'sp' sound familiar from when I did the fast install - so I assume you're talking about something I have to do with powershell on the Fast server. If that's correct - can you give me a bit more guidance?

If that's the solution, I'd like to know what command to use, and also if this is a fairly rare thing to need to do?  In this case there is no impact as it's in our Stage environment, but In prod this could be a real mess.

Thanks Thor82!

Update:

I did a dump of all the ps commands and Clear-FastSearchContentCollection sp seemed to do the trick,

Also as a side note, it didn't wipe out any of the content source definitions, so it should be pretty easy to re-populate.

Thanks again Thor82 for the suggestion.

Thursday, September 8, 2011 2:29 PM