none
Default Emails to Assignment Owner of material resource - Project Online RRS feed

• Question

• I want to send an email notification to the Assignment Owner of any material resource using Project Online. Is there any way that i can achieve it using default feature? If yes, Please assist.
    Wednesday, March 7, 2018 12:39 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you done some tests with the native notification feature? I’m not sure if the notifications are sent to the resource or to the assignment owner.

If it cannot send emails to assignment owner, then it will be custom code, or eventually FLOW (to be tested).

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Wednesday, March 7, 2018 1:17 PM
  • Hi

It works fine with the work resources, if we change assignment owner, he/she gets email, but the same is not happening in case of material resources. the person who has been assigned as assignment owner can see the task in my tasks page but don't get any assignment notification.

It is a very critical requirement.

Looking forward for expert advice.

Himanshu

Wednesday, March 7, 2018 2:46 PM
  • If you tested so, I would say that it works like this by default. It might be due to the process behind the scene: a material resource should not be able to be late since it cannot be managed by itself but does need a work resource to be engaged. Thus the notifications doesn’t work for material resources and you need to assign a work resource managing the material resource, having the notification on the work resource.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Wednesday, March 7, 2018 3:17 PM