Skype/Hotmail - How OG/Open Graph Data is Read RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

not 100% sure this is the right forum category but I've got an issue with Hotmail and I'm wondering if anyone can help. We provide websites to a number of customers and within the sites is the OG data. This data is read well enough by skype (so when you paste in a link you get the little preview window with the image, link, title, synopsis etc) yet when you paste the link into a new email in hotmail, it creates the preview box yet doesn't populate it with the correct information - title, synopsis are from other parts of the page although the image is correct.

I have had a Google but am yet to find any documentation on how hotmail reads OG tags. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Using the Facebook OG Tool shows that the data is present and correct on the page (it also works fine on Twitter) so I'm starting to think there's something odd about how Hotmail reads it. Any info/help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Wednesday, August 16, 2017 11:08 AM

All replies

• Deleted
    Wednesday, August 16, 2017 12:42 PM
  • No that's not really what I was after. My question was about using OG data and how hotmail reads it vs how skype reads it.
    Wednesday, August 16, 2017 1:13 PM
  • Hi Robot Archive,

We feel sorry that we focus on Skype for Business issue in this forum, so we would suggest you contact Hotmail support for this issue.

Also, if anyone else has the experience on this specific issue/scenario, please feel free to jump into and share your thoughts.

Best Regards,

Molly Wu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by henghenghahi Tuesday, August 22, 2017 8:22 AM
    Thursday, August 17, 2017 8:53 AM