Reinstall Skype Video on Windows 10 Mobile? RRS feed

• Question

• I was doing some troubleshooting and for some reason though it would be good to uninstall and reinstall Skype apps, including Skype Video.  I have been trying to figure out how to get Skype Video back on my system, or to see if it has actually been replaced by an all-in-one version of the Skype app on Mobile - but there is so much old information about Skype/Skype Video online that I cannot tell what the current expectation is.  Is there any way to get this App back without doing a reset (or possibly waiting for the next feature update 1709 to roll out)?  I think something is wrong and I need to get Skype Video back, my Phone Settings indicate that there is no currently installed app to handle video calls.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Tuesday, October 24, 2017 7:08 PM

All replies

• Skype App also supports video calling and you could just install Skype to use Video Conference feature.
    Monday, October 30, 2017 3:30 PM
  • Thank you!

I suspected this would be the case; however if you go into Phone Settings and try to choose a default app for Video calling, it doesn't even list Skype (while it did list "Skype Video" when it was installed). I think this just makes the Video button on a phone call open the appropriate app and that I could still use the Skype App to do a video call - but I guess I'd just lose this button integration. Still frustrating thinking that every App that is allowed to be removed could be reinstalled.  I was confused as to why there was a separate app for Video anyway (I think there were 3 Skype apps), since Skype could now do it all (which was why I kept thinking I must be looking at old documentation since it appears that the new app is all-in-one). Still waiting for 1709 update to push out to see if that puts the native Skype Video app back or not.
    Monday, October 30, 2017 4:40 PM