none
Strike Through Feature on Completed Tasks RRS feed

• Question

• Hello:

I was making some edits to my teams project/task settings and must have disabled the strike through feature when a task is completed.  Can you please tell me how I can add this feature back to our current project tasks.  This is a great feature when you are looking at a glance where we stand with completed tasks.

Thank you,

C Kane

Friday, November 13, 2015 3:30 PM

All replies

• C Kane --

By default, completed tasks ARE NOT formatted with the Strikethrough font formatting.  So, I am not sure how this was happening in your software previously, or how to get it back.  Is there a possibility you were using a macro or something like that to make this happen?  Strikethrough formatting, by the way, is only used on tasks that you set to Inactive status.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Friday, November 13, 2015 5:05 PM
  • Are you looking at a SharePoint Project? Because this sounds like something you would find on the task lists in SharePoint.

Did the Project get upgraded to a "Enterprise Project" ? Because if it did the tasks can only be edited through PWA or Project Pro.

I don't know how you can change the strikethrough settings in a SharePoint Task list though, maybe that would be a question for the SharePoint Online forum?

Please let us know if you find the answer, this sounds like an interesting issue you have. Maybe some screenshots will help in resolving the issue.

Monday, November 23, 2015 9:55 AM
  • The strikethrough on SharePoint task lists is automatic. However, if the project is an Enterprise project, then the SharePoint task list, if you synch it, behaves differently.

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG

Thursday, December 10, 2015 11:24 AM