Correlation with request response port RRS feed

• Question

• I created a correlation type and correlation set on the behalf of File.ReceivedFilName context property.

I am getting the initializing correlation set property in the send port as follows:

But in Receive Port I am not getting the Following correlation sets property as follows:

Why this is occuring ?

Am I doing something wrong ?

Is correlation supports with request response  port ?

Prakash

Monday, November 24, 2014 7:00 AM

Answers

• For the two way send port in orchestration you don't need to care about correlation. BizTalk makes all correlation under hood.

You need to manually correlate if you want to receive several messages in one orchestration .

Leonid Ganeline [BizTalk MVP]

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Monday, December 1, 2014 8:14 AM
    Monday, November 24, 2014 6:02 PM

All replies

• I created a correlation type and correlation set on the behalf of File.ReceivedFilName context property.

I am getting the initializing correlation set property in the send port as follows:

But in Receive Port I am not getting the Following correlation sets property as follows:

Why this is occuring ?

Am I doing something wrong ?

Is correlation supports with request response  port ?

Prakash

Monday, November 24, 2014 6:44 AM
  • Request-Response over TWO way send ports is AUTO-CORRELATED. In your case it is simply not required. Normally you initialize the correlation over a send (which you've specified correctly) and in the receive (if it is over a one-way receive) you "follow" the previously initialized correlation.

You use correlation over asynchronous send/receive operations. I would suggest you refer http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa578692.aspx to get a better understanding.

Regards.

• Marked as answer by Shivay_ Monday, November 24, 2014 11:27 AM
    Monday, November 24, 2014 7:34 AM
  • How many different posts do you intent to start for the same question?

Regards.

Monday, November 24, 2014 7:35 AM
  • Same thread https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/180fabed-fe19-48b2-b820-a59ae906e240/correlation-with-request-response-port?forum=biztalkgeneral

let's continue there..

Glenn Colpaert - Microsoft Integration MVP - Blog : http://blog.codit.eu

Monday, November 24, 2014 7:36 AM
  • Why you need to define Correlation for Self Correlating Solicit response port  ? As a part of design for request response you don't require to define a correlation it will be auto correlated depending on process thread.

Monday, November 24, 2014 8:59 AM
  • Hi Prakash,

When you drop the Receive shape in your Orchestration, you would see both the “Initializing Correlation Set” and “Following Correlation Set” properties for the Receive Shape (same case for the Send Shape).

When you have linked the Receive Shape to the Request-Response port in your Orchestration (Request-Response port whose Port direction of communication is set to “I’ll be sending a request and receiving a response” property), the “Following Correlation Set” property for the Receive Shape disappears (same case for the send shape). Because you have connected the send/Receive shape to the two send port and BizTalk can in turn handle the correlation. You don’t need to specify the correlation set properties explicitly. These properties need to be configured only when you configure your send/Receive shape to one-way ports where you need to instruct BizTalk on how to handle the correlation not when you configure send/Receive shape to two way send port.

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply.

Monday, November 24, 2014 10:04 AM
  • Sorry for posting it again.

Actually my net is working so slow and I was confused that my thread has been posted or not.

Prakash

Monday, November 24, 2014 10:22 AM
  • For the two way send port in orchestration you don't need to care about correlation. BizTalk makes all correlation under hood.

You need to manually correlate if you want to receive several messages in one orchestration .

Leonid Ganeline [BizTalk MVP]

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Monday, December 1, 2014 8:14 AM
    Monday, November 24, 2014 6:02 PM