Office 2007 Activation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I've sequenced Office 2007 Ent and all is working nicely apart from one user that keeps getting the activation screen for certain applications, particularly PowerPoint. When I sequenced the app I ran all apart from Outlook 2007 and accepted the on-line activation prompt. I'm not sure if its just a case that I've used the wrong Office 2007 image for the install or if I've missed something.

Any one seen similar ?

thanks

Glyn

Tuesday, September 1, 2009 7:00 AM

Answers

• sorry it wasn't very clear
    I rolled my VM back and re-sequenced Office 2007 using the alternate install method. I was then able to stream OK and havent seen the activation prompt myself since, still waiting on another user to test.

If i get chance I will test a standard install without the msp file as I think the license key was the issue, but quite handy having an APP-V ready MSP file anyway :-)

• Marked as answer by Glyn Owen Wednesday, September 2, 2009 6:41 AM
    Wednesday, September 2, 2009 6:41 AM

All replies

• Hello,

According to best-practice a VLK version should be used.

/Znack
    Tuesday, September 1, 2009 7:18 AM
  • i've used our standard VLK media so looks like I'm OK on that part

going to try an re-sequence using alternative media

Tuesday, September 1, 2009 8:17 AM
  • Check if that user has installed Office locally on the machine having this issue?
    If not, try logging that user on some other machine and see if you encounter the same issue.

Tuesday, September 1, 2009 1:54 PM
  • re-installed using one of our other VLK's and also and MSP custom installer and seems to be OK - waiting for the other user to test....

thanks for the help
    • Proposed as answer by znack Wednesday, September 2, 2009 5:12 AM
    Tuesday, September 1, 2009 3:50 PM
  • "re-installed using one of our other VLK's"

Does this mean a local install? Are you not streaming again for that user?
    Tuesday, September 1, 2009 6:40 PM
  • sorry it wasn't very clear
    I rolled my VM back and re-sequenced Office 2007 using the alternate install method. I was then able to stream OK and havent seen the activation prompt myself since, still waiting on another user to test.

If i get chance I will test a standard install without the msp file as I think the license key was the issue, but quite handy having an APP-V ready MSP file anyway :-)

• Marked as answer by Glyn Owen Wednesday, September 2, 2009 6:41 AM
    Wednesday, September 2, 2009 6:41 AM