none
Change System Center 2012 Data Protection Manager license key RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Is it possible to change the System Center 2012 DPM license after installation (or to add a license to the evaluation version).

I need to install a backup solution now, and the guy who is responsible for the licenses are away on vacation so therefore I have this issue.

Leif

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 2:57 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The product key cannot be changed, and if you are running on Evaluation copy, you need to perform an upgrade using retail media and key - then you can un-install the DPM2012Eval SQL instance from add/remove programs.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 5:56 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The product key cannot be changed, and if you are running on Evaluation copy, you need to perform an upgrade using retail media and key - then you can un-install the DPM2012Eval SQL instance from add/remove programs.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 5:56 PM
  • Hello Mike,

Could you elaborate on your answer. I have the same issue, need to upgrade from evaluation copy of SCDPM to volume license. I have tried everywhere to get an answer to this, including MS support and still no clear instructions. I have downloaded the following ISO from the volume license center but there doesn't seem to be a way to update the key?

Sys_Ctr_DPM_2012_wSP1_Multi-Language_-2_X18-80381

Thanks

Craig

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 9:01 AM
  • Hi,

Performing the in place upgrade using the new retail media should remove the time bomb.

Thursday, February 18, 2016 12:20 AM
  • hi,

any solutions for this? We have to update the license, so as to leave the evaluation version, and I have not been able to find any option in the software to do so.

We are using dpm 2016

regards,

Diego

Monday, September 25, 2017 3:20 PM