Installing AD RMS but getting errors on installation RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I've been trying to install Active Directory Rights Management Services but having errors.

<Error>: Attempt to configure Active Directory Rights Management Server failed. The AD RMS installation could not determine the certificate hierarchy. If the AD RMS service connection point (SCP) you need to use is registered in Active Directory but is not valid, revise it to make it valid, or create a new SCP, and install AD RMS again. at Microsoft.RightsManagementServices.Configuration.LicensingServerSelfEnrollment.DecideCertificateHierarchy() at Microsoft.RightsManagementServices.Configuration.CertificationServerSelfEnrollment.Enroll(EnrolleeServerInformation enrolleeInformation, EnrolleeRevocationInformation revocationInformation, String certificateDisplayName, String cspName, String keyContainerName) at Microsoft.RightsManagementServices.Configuration.ProvisioningBase.Enroll() at Microsoft.RightsManagementServices.Configuration.ProvisioningBase.Run() at Microsoft.RightsManagementServices.Configuration.ProvisionerBase.DoProvision() at Microsoft.RightsManagementServices.Configuration.ProvisionerHelper.Run(OperationType operationType, Object data) at Microsoft.RightsManagementServices.Configuration.ProvisionEngine.Run(OperationType operationType, Boolean passwordEncrypted) at Microsoft.RightsManagementServices.Configuration.CmdLineHandler.Run() Remove and re-install AD RMS to attempt provisioning again.

I've been trying to reslove this issue but with no success.  I did this procedure but i get the same results.
      To register the AD RMS SCP manually:

Open the Active Directory Management Services console. Click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Active Directory Rights Management Services.

Right-click the AD RMS cluster, and then click Properties.

Click the SCP tab.

Select the Change SCP check box.

Select the Set SCP to current certification cluster option, and then click OK.

If anyone can assist me it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Thursday, May 21, 2009 6:24 PM

Answers

All replies

• hi there,

are you still experiencing with the problem ?
    sainath windows driver development.
    Friday, May 29, 2009 8:36 AM
  • Hello,

We are still experiencing difficulties with AD-RMS installation.  We still continue having the same errors but I would like to add that when we open AD-RMS we receive this following message:

The connecting with local AD RMS administration service failed because the value of “AdminLocalConnectionPoint” under registry key “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\DRMS\2.0” was invalid.

If you have the solution to our issue your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

M1k3yv77

Friday, May 29, 2009 4:09 PM
  • hi there,

i have searched and found the below link where they have given solution for similar kind of problem which you are facing.

http://www.experts-exchange.com/OS/Microsoft_Operating_Systems/Server/Windows_Server_2008/Q_23803935.html

" dont know if you have posted it "

sainath windows driver development.
    Friday, June 5, 2009 9:51 AM
  • Hi,
    I don't have access to site mencioned.

Please, do you can post the solution here in the forum?

Regards,
    Friday, July 31, 2009 9:02 PM
  • Download RMS admin toolkit http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

SCP from AD:
    ADScpRegister unregisterscp <URL to unregister>
    Remove RMS role and reinstall.
    Tuesday, August 25, 2009 2:40 PM