none
Launching IE11 from hyperlink in Outlook 2010 doesn't load page and prevents loading any other page RRS feed

• Question

• Hi. IE11 & Outlook 2010. If I select a hyperlink from an email, iexplore.exe loads OK but the target web page does not load. I just get a blank page. I cannot then load any other page from within that session either. Opening a new tab doesn't work either.

If I c&p the hyperlink into IE launched from Start Menu it works as expected. Any thoughts on how to troubleshoot?

Tuesday, June 23, 2015 1:29 PM

All replies

• Hi spotkick,

Did the Internet Explorer 11 on the desktop launch well?

Please configure the Internet Explorer 11 as default program to have a check.

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Default Programs\Set your default programs

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 25, 2015 6:07 AM
  • IE opens just fine.  It is the only browser installed. It just displays a blank page.
    Thursday, June 25, 2015 10:05 AM
  • Any thoughts on how to troubleshoot?

Use ProcMon but first try some regsvr32 commands...

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2574731

I don't know why Support make that article so hard to find.  It is the only one where the instructions about using regsvr32.exe are complete.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Thursday, June 25, 2015 1:58 PM
    Answerer
  • It is the only browser installed.
    Success with the suggestion requires that you use the OK button whether it looks like it is the default browser or not.  You may see a message indicating that an .msi file was executed.  You may have to be the machine owner, not just any administrator, to do this.  The net effect would be more regsvr32 commands but I'm not sure if the ieproxy.dll registration would be included then.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Thursday, June 25, 2015 2:04 PM
    Answerer
  • Windows 7 (64-bit) or Windows 8.1 (64-bit)?

Has a Norton application or a McAfee application EVER been installed on the computer since you bought it?

Did a Norton free-trial or a McAfee free-trial [pick one] come preinstalled on the computer when you bought it? (Doesn't matter if you never used or Activated it.)

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-Windows Client since 2002 Disclaimer: MS MVPs neither represent nor work for Microsoft

Saturday, June 27, 2015 9:48 PM