EAP-TLS Logging when: Check EAP log files for EAP errors. RRS feed

• Question

• On my NPS server, we started having some connection failures this morning. We have them resolved, but the security log would state the reason at the bottom of the log stating:

"An error occurred during the Network Policy Server use of the Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP).  Check EAP log files for EAP errors."

Where are these "EAP log files" located? 

JB

Friday, March 15, 2019 2:58 PM

All replies

• Hello JBerg712,

Thank you for posting in this forum.

In general, there will be EAP-related logs in the path C:\Windows\system32\LogFiles.

There are also EAP-related logs in Event Viewer->Windows Logs->Security.

In addition, you can also check the logs here.

Event Viewer->Applications and Services Logs->Microsoft->Windows

Best Regards,

Leon

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by HK.Leon Tuesday, March 26, 2019 9:48 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by HK.Leon Wednesday, March 27, 2019 8:16 AM
    Monday, March 18, 2019 6:57 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking the current situation of your problem.

Please let us know if you would like further help.

Best regards,

Leon

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 20, 2019 9:38 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved?

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,

Leon

Monday, March 25, 2019 1:44 AM
  • Hi Leon,

Sorry for my late reply.  I did find those logs.  It did seem like it didn't record much to what I was looking for.  Is there any event log level to set for those?  For instance, Exchange has different levels of event logging that you can set.  Does NPS have that as well and/or for these logs?

Jonathan

JB

Tuesday, March 26, 2019 8:13 PM
  • Hi Jonathan,

EAP-related logs are generally found in these locations. Since you didn't get the information you want, I suggest you read these two posts.

Check EAP log files for EAP errors. 23 and Windows 2012 R2 NPS log files location configuration

Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards,

Leon

• Proposed as answer by HK.Leon Friday, March 29, 2019 7:25 AM
    Wednesday, March 27, 2019 7:57 AM