locked
Cannot Create New Web application Wss 3.0 RRS feed

  • Question

  • When attempting to create a new web application I get the following error:

    An update conflict has occurred, and you must re-try this action. The object SPWebApplication Name=SharePoint - 36411 Parent=SPWebService is being updated by DOMAIN\user, in the w3wp process, on machine MACHINENAME. View the tracing log for more information about the conflict.

    The Event Log error is:

    Unknown SQL Exception 547 occured. Additional error information from SQL Server is included below.

    The DELETE statement conflicted with the REFERENCE constraint "FK_Dependencies1_Objects". The conflict occurred in database "SharePoint_Config", table "dbo.Dependencies", column 'ObjectId'.

    The statement has been terminated.

    I'm working with a single server farm, SP2 on Windows 2003 x64. I was able to re-run the configuration wizard successfully, but still cannot create a new web application. Any ideas?

    Thank You


    Napster123

    Thursday, April 19, 2012 6:10 PM

Answers

  •  Guys I finally got it fixed, after doing days of trouble shooting, it came down to the custom solutions i had installed in my central admin.

    These are the troubleshooting i did:

    1.Applied

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/939308

    2. Updated Farm Credentials using stsadm -o -updatefarmcredentials

    3. ran psconfig -cmd upgrade -inplace b2b -force -wait

    4.checked the permissions in content db, config db and admin content.

    5.checked the status of unrestricted growth in database.

    6.Has the read-only property is set to false in db.

    7.ran stsadm -o execadmsvcjobs.

    8.cleared cache.ini again

    9.checked the timer job status in central admin, if they completed sucessfully.

    10.At last retracted and removed deployed solutions in central admin.

    It finally worked.

    Everyone thank you for your help and time.



    Napster123


    • Edited by NAPSTER123 Friday, May 11, 2012 12:35 PM
    • Marked as answer by NAPSTER123 Friday, May 11, 2012 12:36 PM
    Friday, May 11, 2012 12:35 PM

All replies

  • Hey,

    Refer - http://www.networksteve.com/enterprise/topic.php?TopicId=4162

    and try this resolution

    1. Stopping wss timer job, Saving Copy of the cache.ini file from C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\application data\Microsoft\SharePoint\Config folder. Clearing all the .xml files from the location except cache.ini but Edit the cache.ini to have value 1. Starting the timer job
    2. Rerun the Sharepoint technology wizard on the server.
    3. If all above doesnt work, you may run the configuration wizard. select the option to disconnect the server from server farm and revert back again at next step (so you actually do not disconnect). Selected the option as not to disconnect from server farm and ran the wizard successfully.

    http://blogs.technet.com/corybu/archive/2007/05/31/sharepoint-orphans-explained.aspx
    is a good article for orphan sitesd in sharepoint.



    Warm Regards, Pratik Vyas | SharePoint Consultant | http://sharepointpratik.blogspot.com/ | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

    Friday, April 20, 2012 11:15 PM
  • Hello pratik,

    I applied your solution, cleared a cache. That didnt worked, therefore i ran configuration wizard but it doesnt give me option to disconnect the server from server farm. It just runs and complets sucessfully.

    Any ideas how to disconnect the server?

    Thank You


    Napster123



    • Edited by NAPSTER123 Monday, April 23, 2012 9:57 PM
    Monday, April 23, 2012 9:56 PM
  • Hi,

    which type of installation you have, I guess you have single server / stand alone installation.

    Verify - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\Web Server Extensions\12.0\WSS path in registry. If it's showing SINGLESERVER change it to APPLICATION (case sensitive) and then try to run PSConfig.

    Let us know your results


    Warm Regards, Pratik Vyas | SharePoint Consultant | http://sharepointpratik.blogspot.com/ | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

    Thursday, May 3, 2012 4:54 AM
  • Pratik,

    Sorry for late responce, I have single server with internal database. I  made change  in registry still no results.

    Any other sugestions.

    Thank You 


    Napster123

    Wednesday, May 9, 2012 6:25 PM
  • Hi,

    Here you go:

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/939308


    Thanks, Rahul Rashu

    Thursday, May 10, 2012 4:01 AM
  • Rahul,

    I have tried that may be more than 10 times doesnt work for me.

    Thank You


    Napster123

    Thursday, May 10, 2012 1:27 PM
  •  Guys I finally got it fixed, after doing days of trouble shooting, it came down to the custom solutions i had installed in my central admin.

    These are the troubleshooting i did:

    1.Applied

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/939308

    2. Updated Farm Credentials using stsadm -o -updatefarmcredentials

    3. ran psconfig -cmd upgrade -inplace b2b -force -wait

    4.checked the permissions in content db, config db and admin content.

    5.checked the status of unrestricted growth in database.

    6.Has the read-only property is set to false in db.

    7.ran stsadm -o execadmsvcjobs.

    8.cleared cache.ini again

    9.checked the timer job status in central admin, if they completed sucessfully.

    10.At last retracted and removed deployed solutions in central admin.

    It finally worked.

    Everyone thank you for your help and time.



    Napster123


    • Edited by NAPSTER123 Friday, May 11, 2012 12:35 PM
    • Marked as answer by NAPSTER123 Friday, May 11, 2012 12:36 PM
    Friday, May 11, 2012 12:35 PM